Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't clone from remote git

Bryce Dixon May 4, 2016

I just downloaded Sourcetree tonight and already have a pretty major issue. I made a repository on Github and cloned it to my Windows desktop without a problem, but when I tried to do the same thing on my OS X laptop, I get this:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree clone https://BtheDestroyer@github.com/BtheDestroyer/Space-Bar.git /Users/*********/Documents/Space-Bar 
Cloning into '/Users/*********/Documents/Space-Bar'...
warning: templates not found /Users/mbasaralusrinivasa/workspace/git-scm/git-274/share/git-core/templates
/Users/*********/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/libexec/git-core/git: line 1: ../../bin/git: No such file or directory
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Completed with errors, see above

(I censored my user with asterisks)

For some reason, it calls a "templates not found" error referencing the user "mbasaralusrinivasa" which isn't a user on the laptop nor have I ever heard of them. Can someone give me some insight?

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

The "templates not found" is just a warning, and isn't causing your problem (it is strange that its referring to a non-existent user though).

I recommend you focus on the next error:

/Users/*********/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/libexec/git-core/git: line 1: ../../bin/git: No such file or directory

Sounds like there may be a problem with your git installation, or maybe something PATH related.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events