Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Intall/Uninstall/Update Sourcetree

Luke Nelson (luc122c) July 7, 2017

I've recently moved fresh installed my OS onto an SSD. After getting that up and running and installing my programs (including Sourcetree), I wiped the HDD and changed it's letter to Z. After rebooting, everyhting in my AppData folder seems to have been lost/deleted somehow. Sourcetree now longer opens, So i tried to install it but I get an error. I try to uninstall and nothing happens (except the lsiting dissapears in Programs & Features). However, I still can't install it. I have uploaded the error log here: https://msuclanac-my.sharepoint.com/personal/lnelson2_uclan_ac_uk/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=02d33407c52ca4ebc93ea77f8490dad10&authkey=AaOOmtpECOHWE-TnY8Cp83Q

At the moment, I have no access to any of my Git repositories other than through Git Bash (which is a pain)!

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2017

Hi Luke! You said you tried uninstalling but nothing happened, can you go through the following steps?:

1. Wipe SourceTree preferences.
  2. Uninstall SourceTree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.
  4. Download SourceTree and install it.

If you're still unable to install SourceTree can you let us know which OS and SourceTree version are you using?

Cheers,

Ana

Luke Nelson (luc122c) July 10, 2017

Hi Ana,

As I could not work without accessing my repositories and was getting frustrated with the command line, I decided to wipe both drives and start again as I hadn't made much progress. After doing a fresh install, Sourcetree worked fine. I think my AppData folder got lost/moved/deleted at some point and as your documentation appears to show, SourceTree is heavily dependant on the AppData folder. The inability to fully uninstall the program was worrying, however this seemed to be a limitation of Squirell Intaller (Which Kraken Git also uses, hence why that would not install either!) Anyhow, the issue is resolved now thank you.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2017

Glad to hear the issue is now solved on your side, Luke!

Have a nice day :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events