Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can repository browser show the repo path by default?

Nathan Posey March 24, 2015

I am using SourceTree 2.0.5.2 on OS X and am wondering if there is any way for the Repository Browser to show the full path of the local repository by default? Basically some neat way of showing the Quicklook info in the regular listing. My workflow generally has numerous copies of the same repo so I can collect needed repos for certain issues so I have a structure like:

~/projects/Bug1234/reponame1

~/projects/Bug1234/reponame2

~/projects/Bug1234/reponame3

~/projects/Bug456/reponame1

~/projects/Bug456/reponame2

~/projects/Bug1456/reponame3

If I were to add these repo's to Repository Browser it would just show up like

reponame1

reponame2

reponame3

reponame1

reponame2

reponame3

And to figure out which repo is with which bug I have to quicklook them so generally I am clearing out the RB between working on stuff. I imagine there's a better way to organize this all but this sounds like it would be a cool optional setting to have if it does not exist yet.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nathan Posey March 25, 2015

Created JIRA for new feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3011

0 votes

You can right click on one and do a Quicklook and the path pops up in there but it would be nice to not have to do that all the time. Created JIRA: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3011

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

@Tim Crall I've heard some users report the bookmarks panel getting mysteriously minimized. If this has happened to you, you should be able to restore it by finding a small area on the left edge of the window that can be dragged to the right. This might be easier to find if your window is maximized.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

Ok, yeah, I don't see paths in those screenshots. I don't suppose there is a tooltip that comes up if you hover over a local repo that has the path? If not, submit a feature request to jira.atlassian.com and post a link here as an answer.

0 votes

Sorry I should have mentioned this was OS X. The repository browser is described here: https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2014/09/25/sourcetree-for-mac-2-0-released/

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2015

How do you even get to the bookmarks panel in Windows? I can't find it.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2015

What do you mean by the repository browser? In Windows, the Bookmaks panel shows both the repo name and the path to the repo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events