It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can analytics in Sourcetree Enterprise be disabled?

My company does not want program analytics being sent out to external companies. Currently, each user can choose whether to "Help improve Sourcetree by sending data about your usage". I'd need to disable this globally, ideally through a config file, Registry key or GPO.

If none of those options are possible, there are 8 DLLs with "analytics" in their name in the Sourcetree folder, but don't know if I can safely remove any of them to accomplish my goal.

Is it possible to disable analytics?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Oct 22, 2018

Hi

Don't remove the dlls, although Sourcetree is quite well componentized that will stop Sourcetree starting at all.

That analytics submission is controlled via the AnalyticsHasAgreed setting in the user.config.

You can either force this to false in the sourcetree.exe.config of the install before the first run, or after it has run atleast once by setting it in the %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree.exe_url_{hash}/{version}/user.config file

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,999 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you