Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SourceTree search be targeted only to search from specific git branch?

Isto Nikula February 14, 2013

Having multiple branches in git repo it is sometimes useful to be able to search commits from some specific branch. Is this supported by SourceTree (could not find a way to do it myself), and if not is that kind of feature planned to be implemented in near future?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Hi Isto,

SourceTree 1.6 is scheduled to have branch filtering in the log view - hopefully this is what you want. There'll be a drop-down list where you can select the branch you want to see within the log view along with the filters that already exist.

Hope that helps

Isto Nikula February 14, 2013

What about a use case in Search view with Search: user selected - can I search commits of some specific user from some specific branch?

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Hey Isto, I've filed an issue for that here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1410

Cheers :)

Dave Knight February 23, 2015

This would be really useful. Is it actually available in SourceTree 1.6?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events