Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I run a report showing all the files I have changed in the repository?

Barbara Schramm January 21, 2016

3 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2016

SourceTree doesn't have much in the way of reporting. You'll probably need to construct some commands that use the git command line interface to query the data you need, and then other commands to organize/format it.

There are probably some users on stackoverflow or a git mailing list that may be able to help.

Here is something like what I'm talking about, but it is for SVN, not Git: http://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/view/8010/list-svn-commits-by-user-for-a-date-range

0 votes
Barbara Schramm January 22, 2016

Thanks for your response. I need a report that shows all commits for a date range, per username. But I am also interested in understanding the reporting capabilities in general.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2016

The question is unclear. Do you mean all files you have changed in the repository ever? Or for a particular commit? Or maybe a commit range or time range? Or maybe since the last pull? Or maybe what isn't committed?

If you were able to ask Git what files have been changed since the creation of the repository, the answer is "all of them".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events