Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make my own "Checkout in SourceTree link"?

Valerie Wagner February 10, 2014

Hello, I manage Hg and Git repos at my organization. Is it possible for me to craft a link or button to "Checkout (repository) in SourceTree" like is available on BitBucket? I'd like to make this kind of link available for my users from our internal web page.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

Yes. The target of your link should use the sourcetree protocol with cloneRepo and the repo URL. For example, "sourcetree://cloneRepo/ssh://user@bitbucket.org/owner/repo.git". Everything from "ssh" forward should be replaced with your repository's URL.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

If you use bitbucket's "checkout in sourcetree" button in Google Chrome, the confirmation dialog shows you the whole link that it is attempting to launch.

Here is the relevant section from the 1.4 release notes:

• Custom URL protocol support - SourceTree will now respond to URLs of the form "sourcetree://cloneRepo/<CLONE_URL>" so websites can expose clickable links to clone in SourceTree. Also SourceTree will optionally handle github-mac:// URLs if GitHub for Mac isn't installed (or if the user sets Preferences to prefer SourceTree).
Valerie Wagner February 10, 2014

Thanks, that is super helpful!

GD May 23, 2016

Is it possible to open sourcetree repository at a specified commit ?

Like Eric F_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events