Can I get a list of all files that have changed between two points in log?

Deleted user March 22, 2016

Hi,

In Git, it is a good idea to commit often.  When I complete a whole feature, however, I find it useful to get a list of all the files that have changed since I started the feature.  This gives me the opportunity to do a visual review of each file, make sure all code comments are up-to-date, etc.

At the moment, I do this manually.  I take a physical copy of the project folder before I start the feature, then use Beyond Compare when I finish the feature, so I can see absolutely everything that has changed.

I thought stashing might help me do this, but it does not cope with untracked files, which seems to give it limited value to me.

Ideally, what I would like to do is select two lines in the Log/History and get a list of everything that has changed, including files added and deleted.  Is there any way to do this?

It seems plain wrong that I am having to resort to a physical file copy when I am using a source control system.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016

Yes, if you CTRL+click two points in the log, you'll get a list of the cumulative changes. IDK what the corresponding keys are on a Mac.

Ooo... that is a gem of a hidden feature.  Excellent!  Thank you.

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016

It is a bit of a hidden feature.  smile  The corresponding key on the Mac, btw, is Command.

That's useful to know.  Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events