Can I delete sourcetreeconfig from .git

ccenvcvb April 18, 2017

I have installation issues (crash) with SourceTree and I'd like to completely remove it before trying to re-install.

When searching for sourcetree I found that it creates config files in the .git directory of my projects.

Can I safely remove those files ?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2017

Hi Carl, it's safe to remove those files. I'd also advise you to follow the article How to wipe SourceTree as this also might help with that kind of issues.

Let us know if SourceTree is working correctly now!

Cheers,

Ana

0 votes
ccenvcvb April 21, 2017

the issue went away with the 2.0.19.1 update

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2017

Hi Carl, did you wipe Sourcetree preferences as well? If that didn't work, I'd recommend to continue the assistance through the support ticket you already created, as troubleshooting this in two different channels is not going to be very effective. Once it's solved it would be a good idea to post here the solution in case it might help some other user :)

Regards,

Ana

ccenvcvb April 20, 2017

> troubleshooting this in two different channels is not going to be very effective.

I agree, my question here was specific to the sourcetreeconfig files, reinstalling wasn't enough to fix my particular issue but that is a different topic.

Thanks for all the excellent answers

0 votes
ccenvcvb April 19, 2017

Delete OK but did not resolve the issue, support case STSP-6498 .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events