Can I clone a local repo to Bitbucket.org?

Steven Gordon August 5, 2015

I'm a beginner... I created a new Xcode project and then added a pod to it. Having just downloaded SourceTree and read through getting-started topics in Help > SourceTree, I dragged the project folder onto the SourceTree icon to create a local repo.

Now I want to clone that repo at my bitbucket.org account. Do I go online and create a repo at my account and then link the local and remote? Or do I Push my first local commit and SourceTree will create the repo at my bitbucket.org account?

If this isn't "best practice" for incorporating an existing project into a GIT at Bitbucket, what is the best practice?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven Gordon August 5, 2015

Figured it out... In the Overview (or is it Bookmark) window, select the Local project, right-click, and choose "Publish to remote." That should be added to the Help file section that describes creating a repo or adding a project to an existing repo. The Help section ends after the immediate action of creating or adding is done but instead should offer the next step of publishing it online.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events