Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR line endings

Hanspeter Bleuler April 21, 2013

Version 1.5.8 does not work with REALstudio anymore. They (unfortunately) use CR as line endings. Now SourceTree doesnt diff anymore. Is there a way to go back to an older version?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hanspeter Bleuler April 21, 2013

Thanks Steve. I found a solution. The REALStudio project file .rbvcp must be converted to LF. This triggers REALStudio to save all files with LF. Need to do a "Save As" to write all file. I converted my new project and it works fine again.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

CRs are Mac OS 9 line endings, and neither git nor hg support these when it comes to linewise operations, including diffs. SourceTree uses git/hg to perform all diff operations so if they don't support it, we can't either. This can't have worked in previous versions of SourceTree since CR has never been supported.

You should be able to change any modern Mac OS X app to use LF, it's been the standard line ending for quite a while now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events