Christopher

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

Here's a bug report for the external diff issue you mentioned: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-4786

As @Johannes Kilian said, the treeview removal was intentional. However, it may not be permanent: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-4690

1 vote
Jim Renkel March 3, 2016

Unfortunately, my performance has significantly decreased using SourceTree because treeview was removed.

I've noticed poor performance in the past, but this doesn't seem to make it any better.

BTW, the checkbox for enabling it is still in there, and checked. Um, how can you (en|dis)able a feature that isn't there? smile

Given that it can be disabled, why remove the feature all together? Why not let people decide for themselves whether to use it and pay a performance price, or not use it?

I really need this back. I'm downgrading to a previous release, but this is prompting me to look at other tools and possibly switch. That would be too bad, 'cause I really like SourceTree (or at least I did sad )

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

Those are good points, but Johannes and I are just fellow users. We can't do much more than speculate about why Atlassian has made certain decisions, and we certainly have no way to restore the tree view. If you've got new information or rationale, the best way to communicate it is to comment on those bug reports in my answer.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2016

@Seth Foss : .. well spoken

@Jim Renkel : "'cause I really like SourceTree (or at least I did)" - so did I as well

1 vote
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016

At least removing the hierarchical treeview was intended due to performance reasons:

See Release notes for 1.8.0.36401 (https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/update/WindowsReleaseNotes.html)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events