Branches display broken in 2.1?

Ran Sagy June 1, 2017

I updated from SourceTree 2.0.20.1 today straight to 2.1.2.4 and noticed the branches list when viewing a single repo is empty. I'm on Windows 10 x64, system git 2.9.2. Embedded git didn't seem to make a difference.

I double checked that i don't have issues with the git repo itself, command line and such show all my branches as before, so it seems to be strictly a UX issue on SourceTree's part.

Let me know if i can contribute something else.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2017

Hello! Can you post a screenshot for me? Thanks!

Ran Sagy June 1, 2017

Will do when i get the chance - i reinstalled 2.0.20.1 and now it says its up to date and i can't seem to update to 2.1.x.

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2017

We roll-out updates to ST progressively, so it may be a bit before you get the new update. If you'd like, you can download the new version here

Ran Sagy June 8, 2017

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link. Still happens in 2.1.2.5, here is a screenshot:

nobranches.png

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2017

I noticed that you're using '.' notation to name branches... could you try and disable libgit2 integration under the Git settings in the options dialog?

Ran Sagy June 11, 2017

Hi Mike,

I don't see the option or any mention of libgit2 anywhere in the options dialog or the menus.

This is with the 2.1.2.5 build linked above and my repo which is a VSTS/TFS git hosted on Azure.

Jorid Dannemark Opsahl June 12, 2017

Hi,

I have the same issue with 2.1.2.4/2.1.2.5 as Ran describes.

In my main repository my local branches is displayed, but in my worktree they are not. I suspekt Mike to also use worktrees from his screenshot. My worktree name only contains letters, numbers and special sign "-".

In my options|Git there is no option to disable libgit2 as we use System Git.

Is there any change you can fix this? We really love the worktree option as it makes it possible to switch context quickly.

Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen June 12, 2017

I can confirm the same behavior.

I had 2.0.20.1 and it correctly displayed local branches in my worktree folders, as well as the folder containing the main git repository.

After manually updating to 2.1.2.5 (linked to above) the worktree folders no longer show local branches in the left pane.

I don't have any options in the git settings in SourceTree for libgit2 either. I am using the system git, version 2.13.0.

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2017

Got it -- thanks. I'll file a bug. The libgit option may be in a newer version, let me check and get back to you.

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2017

Can you download the beta here, uncheck the libgit setting under 'git', and see if that resolves the issue? Thanks!

Ran Sagy June 12, 2017

Hi Mike,

At least for me, disabling libgit2 does not solve this issue, both with system git (2.9.2) and embedded git (2.12.x) - restarted after disabling libgit2 integration to be sure.

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2017

I've confirmed the issue on my end, and a PR has been submitted with a fix. It should be included in an upcoming release.

Ran Sagy June 12, 2017

That's great!

Thanks for the quick turnaround, Looking forward to it :)

Jorid Dannemark Opsahl June 15, 2017

Thank you!

Ran Sagy June 20, 2017

If anyone was wondering, the 2.1.2.5 release does not yet include a fix for this (which makes sense seeing as we tested a 2.1.4 beta).

Martin Rösel June 23, 2017

I have the same issue using worktrees and looking forward to the next release.

Thanks for your work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events