Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket server works fine in Internet Explorer, but not in Sourcetree

lassegravesen December 30, 2017

I am having an issue with the Bitbucket Server application that is hosted internally. Specifically my issue is this:

1) When I visit Bitbucket Server through a browser, like Internet Explorer, it works fine and I have access to all repositories.

2) If I try to open a repository through SourceTree, it says Permission Denied for 99.9% of all the repositories on Bitbucket Server.

3) If I try to continue to use Internet Explorer after having tried step 2, 99.9% of the repositories are now hidden from me and I no longer have access to them. If I restart Internet Explorer it works fine again.

Can anyone help me getting SourceTree to interact properly with Bitbucket Server, as without it I cannot properly interact with the repositories other than in a very limited read-only fashion(specifically, I can just view the repos on IE, I can't download, clone or anything like that).

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hi 

When you say you try to open the repository in Sourcetree, do you have your Bitbucket Server account setup in Sourcetree and you are trying to clone from the list of remote repositories in Sourcetree's 'New' tab? Or are you trying to use the 'Open in Sourcetree' functionality from Bitbucket Server?

Also are you using HTTPS or SSH urls for your repos?

lassegravesen January 8, 2018

Hi Michael,

I have my Bitbucket Server account setup in SourceTree, and as soon as I do that, I get a significantly shorter list than the one in IE, and then curiously enough if I try reloading IE the amount of projects I can see through there has gone down from hundreds to ~10. It's as if once I've connected to the server using my credentials in SourceTree it flips a switch and kills my access. I can restore the access by restarting Internet Explorer.

I can also clone repositories just fine using the 'git clone' command but only if I use the ssh keys, it breaks if I try to use my login credentials. Similarly, if I try to use the API it breaks when I for instance run "curl -u username:password url".

It also breaks if I try using the "Clone in SourceTree" functionality.

SSH urls.

EDIT: I wonder if it has to do with the fact that my org has a login page that you have to go through to get access to internal sites, i.e. it might be getting stuck on the redirect or something? Even then it still works OK with SSH keys through the command line, and some repositories still show up. I don't really think this has anything to do with it, I think something else is going on.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Thanks for the additional information. Sounds very strange. I will see if we can get any input from Bitbucket Server people.

FWIW Sourcetree attempts to get the repos available to the user directly and also those available due to their membership of projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events