Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket server's "Clone in SourceTree" doesn't launch SourceTree

Andrey Kiyanovsky August 25, 2016

When I click on "Clone in SourceTree" in the Bitbucket Server repository home page - nothing happens. It seems like SourceTree has not installed itself as a handler for the protocol sourcetree://

How can I fix that?

Browser - Chrome, SourceTree - the latest, Windows 10 Pro.

6 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2016

This is just a shot in the dark because I haven't encountered your problem.

sourcetree_uri.png

Try enabling the "Use this version..." in your options.  I'd close the app then try the link to see if it will run SourceTree.  Chrome should give a warning that it's about to launch an app and it would list SourceTree.

Andrey Kiyanovsky August 25, 2016

Thanks a lot, Rodney, it helped!

Charlie Galik October 10, 2016

Thanks, Rodney! Yes, this exactly fixed my issue.

Dwza S May 15, 2017

It Fixed it, true. In my Case, option was allready enabled. I disabled this option, restarted ST and enabled it again. Solved! THX!

Aaron LeBeau May 25, 2017

Once again this seems to be exactly the problem. This issue may have occurred when I updated to a newer SoureTree version. Again, the "Use this version..." was checked. I unchecked it, restarted SourceTree and then checked it again. Seems to be working now. 

I've the same problem, when I updated to a newer SourceTree, clone and checkout in browser not working. Checked and unchecked "Use this version..." helps for me.

Arfat Ahmad July 23, 2017

Great!! worked for me.

Jon Heffley January 18, 2018

I had this problem but after an upgrade. I had to uncheck this box in Options, click OK, reopen Options and then check it again.

Thanks, Rodney!

10 votes
Prithvi Raju November 12, 2018

This started occurring on the latest and it isn't working since the update to Version 3.0.1 (205) and haven't been able to figure out. 

Also I do not see "Use this version..." option anywhere in the app. I'm on OSX mojave.

3 votes
difelicea November 3, 2018

I'm on v3.0 (200) and this stopped working too.

1 vote
Anikmukhles March 31, 2020

same issue, too. v3.3.6

1 vote
nviolatos September 25, 2018

I have the same issue, too. v2.6.10.0

1 vote
Peter Ntende August 18, 2017

Encountered problem after change  of  Authentication credentials.  Solution ->In new ST openning a new Tab,  It has options Local, Remote, Clone. Add and Create.  On the remote Tab my defined  account  could not authenticate. updating the login credential, actived the account and Clone could both work from   both  Server and also Remote Tab in ST..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events