Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated / Silent Distributed Install of SourceTree

Dentsu Aegis Network - Isobar April 22, 2013

We're looking to deploy SourceTree to 100+ users. We've found the "manual" installer, but it is packaged as a clickonce installer which cannot be installed silently. Is there a way we can do this?

Thanks

4 answers

1 vote
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

Unfortunately we're limited by what ClickOnce can offer right now, and it doesn't have a good way of automating installs.

We've encountered enough unforseen limitations with ClickOnce that we're likely to try packaging SourceTree for Windows via another mechanism at some point in future, although this is likely to be a little while yet due to the fact that we're still catching up feature-wise with the Mac, and also the related testing and figuring out how to do auto-updates differently (we're pushing out enough updates that this is a must-have). Sorry for the inconvenience, it's great to know you're adopting SourceTree at scale, I just wish I had a quick answer for you on how to make it easier.

Xabier Davila August 17, 2014

Any updates on this process? This is a must for enterprise level setups

0 votes
Nasir Mahmood March 31, 2016

You can deploy in by using /qn switch at the end. I have deployed it to a number of computer by using this switch successfully.

Thanks.

0 votes
Dan-Joe Lopez August 21, 2015

sourcetree options.pngBecause I hate forum threads with outdated information... It appears that the current version of SourceTree (1.6.18) supports using the "/exenoui" option, which launches "the EXE setup without UI"

0 votes
Oliver Wilton April 22, 2013

I've been asked to deploy this to a similar number of PCs.

I've found the offline installer to avoid proxy issues but the darn thing still requires a click. Any other options you can offer?

TIA!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events