Auto-expand Tree View

Martinspire December 4, 2017

One feature I've always liked is a tree view for the pending files. With the new Sourcetree, you cannot have the tree expanded by default. I'm not sure why this is default behaviour because when you switch pages or do commits, it will always revert to the non-expanded one.

Expanding gives you a better overview on where items are placed. Personally I'd prefer it over the flat lists, because it allows me to easily add/remove certain folders from the commit.

I might be working on one feature, but have files for another that is not quite done yet. Or I have to work on a bugfix, but I'm not looking to revert or stash my changes, because it has no influence on that whatsoever so stashing seems useless (other than the fact that the flat list doesn't allow me to easily select folders to add or remove).

I think we had a feature in one of the older sourcetrees to auto expand that view, but I'm not quite sure anymore. At my current work assignment I was forced to use SVN for a while and while that experience was obviously terrible, the one thing I liked is having tree views to select and deselect multiple files easily. Which gave me the idea to ask for this feature request.

Whether the auto-expand happens by default or whether it is a setting that does this, doesn't really matter to me. I think in most cases with tree-view expanding it by default would be the logic option. But I leave that to your discretion.

2 answers

0 votes
manuel_bach September 27, 2023

@Martinspire did you ever find a solution for that?

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

What version of Sourcetree are you using? What OS are you on?

Martinspire December 4, 2017

Windows 10 with SourceTree 2.3.5.0 which seems to be the latest one

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events