Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Failed with bitbucket server

Tewodros Wondafrash September 8, 2017

SourceTree version 2.1.11.0 is unable to authenticate to bitbucket server after changing my Active Directory password.

So far I have tried solving the capthca, removing vault entry, accounts.Json file and passwd file but nothing seems to be working.

Following is from sourcetree.log file

ERROR [2017-09-08 14:15:30,127] [13] [SourceTree.ViewModel.CloneNewDialogViewModel+<CheckSource>d__197] [MoveNext] - Could not determine repository from: [server url], output was:
ERROR [2017-09-08 14:15:30,127] [13] [SourceTree.ViewModel.CloneNewDialogViewModel+<CheckSource>d__197] [MoveNext] - fatal: remote error: CAPTCHA required
Your Bitbucket account has been locked. To unlock it and log in again you must
solve a CAPTCHA. This is typically caused by too many attempts to login with an
incorrect password. The account lock prevents your SCM client from accessing
Bitbucket and its mirrors until it is solved, even if you enter your password
correctly.

If you are currently logged in to Bitbucket via a browser you may need to
logout and then log back in in order to solve the CAPTCHA.

Visit Bitbucket at [server Url] for more details.

ERROR [2017-09-08 14:18:48,844] [30] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [.ctor] - Insufficient authentication credentials
ERROR [2017-09-08 14:18:48,892] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [.ctor] - Failed to check login for user [User Name]

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Hi Tewodros, I'm assuming you're able to access Bitbucket Server normally, just not able to connect SourceTree. 

SourceTree for Windows uses the Git Credential Manager (GCM) to store credentials, can you check in there to make sure there are no remnants from the old credentials?

Also I would try wiping SourceTree preferences and, if none of the above works, a clean install of SourceTree:

1. Wipe SourceTree preferences (if you didn't before)
  2. Uninstall SourceTree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.
  4. Install SourceTree. The latest version can be downloaded from our website.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Ana

Tewodros Wondafrash September 11, 2017

I updated to the latest version of SourceTree version 2.3.1.0 which resolved the issue I was seeing last week. Hopefully, I won't see any issues in the future when changing my AD password.

zoma plex February 21, 2019

Hello @Ana Retamal 

It worked for us some days and it appeared again even after the above mentioned workaround. Our current version of Sourcetree is 3.0.15. Is there any way we can get rid of this issue permanently.

Regards,

Bhakti Prasad Panda

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events