Atlassian Authentication prevents me from starting sourcetree

Hamilton Lovemelt February 23, 2016

See attached screenshots... I cant get in because of a HTTP 403 ... and I cant find a way around this, Im on windows 10, and have tried an earlier version but in that version it does not even let me open terminal 

sourcetreeissue1.PNGsourcetreeissue2.PNG

4 answers

0 votes
Sharon Hinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

Try being logged into my.atlassian.com in the system default browser (Mac = Safari, Windows = IE or Edge) then doing the Sourcretree sign in. I couldn't get logged in to Sourcetree on my mac until I had signed in to my.atlassain in Safari, even though I never use that browser.

0 votes
Hamilton Lovemelt February 24, 2016

if I try to use the google route it says I cant because of cookies.  Any help is greatly appreciated

0 votes
Hamilton Lovemelt February 24, 2016

I just tried with both and i have the same problem i uninstalled fully and then reinstalled on both

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

What version of SourceTree are you installing? They implemented some fixes around this authentication in 1.8.2.1 and 1.8.2.2.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events