Atlassian Authentication prevents me from starting sourcetree

See attached screenshots... I cant get in because of a HTTP 403 ... and I cant find a way around this, Im on windows 10, and have tried an earlier version but in that version it does not even let me open terminal 

sourcetreeissue1.PNGsourcetreeissue2.PNG

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

What version of SourceTree are you installing? They implemented some fixes around this authentication in 1.8.2.1 and 1.8.2.2.

I just tried with both and i have the same problem i uninstalled fully and then reinstalled on both

if I try to use the google route it says I cant because of cookies.  Any help is greatly appreciated

Try being logged into my.atlassian.com in the system default browser (Mac = Safari, Windows = IE or Edge) then doing the Sourcretree sign in. I couldn't get logged in to Sourcetree on my mac until I had signed in to my.atlassain in Safari, even though I never use that browser.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

877 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you