App is white and blank but menus show

Oddvin R April 11, 2017

SourceTree is all white, but I am able to display menus if I click on the correct spot (se pic). Sounds related to this. Problem occured after one of my graphics adapters said goodbye. Now I use Intel HD Graphics 530. Had a similar issue with Spotify, but it was resolved when I turned off hardware acceleration in Spotify. I was able to make SourceTree display correct if Idisabled my Intel HD Graphics and used the standard motherboard-graphics, but then I am limited to one, poor resolution so that is not an option.

Is it possible to deactivate hardware acceleration in SourceTree or do you have another suggestion on how to resolve this?sourcetree_blank.png

Regards,
Oddvin

2 answers

0 votes
Ben Marshall May 23, 2018

Hi, I just thought I'd add to this. I had the exact same issue today with both Spotify and Source Tree. I managed to resolve the same as Oddvin for Spotify before I found this article but couldn't get Source Tree to work. The suggested registry tweak has worked for me. Do anyone know why this is necessary suddenly?

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2017

Hi Oddvin, what version of Sourcetree are you using? Firstly, make sure you're in the latest one that can be downloaded at SourceTree 2.0.19.1. Can you let us know if this solved the issue?

Disabling hardware acceleration in SourceTree won't be possible, but you can disable it system-wide following the guide Disable Hardware Acceleration Option.

Regards,

Ana

Oddvin R April 23, 2017

It was the latest version, but I ended ut reinstalling my windows. This made my graphic cards work again, which then made SourceTree display correct. Unfortunatly I did this before your answer so I am not able to test disabling hardware acceleration.

Thanks for your response.

- Oddvin

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2017

Hi Oddvin, I’m glad this is working for you now! If you need any more help in the future, contact us again! :)

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events