Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added File not showing up when Commiting

ethancodes November 3, 2017

Hi there! I'm having a weird issue when using Sourcetree on a project myself and a partner are working on. We are working on a gameproject, and have added an item called a Blueprint in Unreal Engine 4. If I add a blueprint, save and close the proejct, open sourcetree, stage all, commit, pull, and push, he can then pull and get the new Blueprint no problem. However, on his end, when he adds a new Blueprint and repeats these same steps, I get nothing of the new Blueprint on my end. He tried creating several test ones to see if it was just a weird glitch, but it continues to be a problem. We finally stopped at the staging part and inspected the files to be staged, and found that it is not found there. When I do it, I can find the file there. I thought maybe he somehow managed to create a gitignore that maybe was catching this somehow, but we checked and that is not the case. Any other ideas? I've used bitbucket and Sourcetree pretty extensively for work, but not much for game dev so I'm still learning some of the differences with it for something like this.

1 answer

0 votes
Black Hat November 4, 2017

The gitignore file is the likely cause. If you have a gitignore file in the repository (based on what you said, it doesn't sound like there is), check that the file extension is not listed.

If you don't have a gitignore file in the repository, there may still be a global ignore file that is causing the file to be ignored.

In SourceTree, go to Tools->Options->Git. At the top of that page is the path to the global ignore file. Clear the path so that a global ignore file is not specified, then click OK to save the options.

I don't use a global ignore file because it tends to lead to exactly these sort of problems.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events