Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A pull from source tree from bitbucket does not show new changes

matthew simcox July 12, 2013

So i get a notification from bitbucket that someone else has commited a change to my repo. I see in source tree that 1 item is due to be pulled so I pull. It makes all signs that it's working and completes.

I can see that in history there are no new updates applied locally, however I can see the changes in bitbucket.

Eventually I use command line to pull the changes and can see the changes. Still nothing in sourcetree. About 5 minutes later I suddenly see the changes appear in sourcetree. Is there something i'm missing here? It's happened every time and i'm starting to lose faith in what I think is an excellent product. I got this to avoid command line where possible

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Hi Matthew,

It sounds to me like SourceTree is taking a while to respond to the changes that have been pulled. Once SourceTree does the pull it has issued the same command you would do at the command line. It's no different. There are a few things I can think of here:

• You may be pulling in a different repository to the one you're viewing in SourceTree
  • You have many, many untracked files showing which causes Git/Mercurial to take a long time to respond.
  • Limited system resources can contribute to Git/Mercurial taking a long time to respond
  • If you have many repositories in SourceTree, one of which may meet the criteria above could be causing SourceTree to take a while to respond
  • Perhaps using an older system Git/Hg version could be causing the problem, too

Ultimately if the pull completed then the changes were pulled as the task sheet doesn't close until the command (same as what you'd do at the terminal) completes. So the pull must've succeeded, it's just SourceTree isn't showing the changes immediately, but your file system will accurately reflect the pull if you looked at the files.

Either that or you may be pulling in the wrong branch if you're using Git.

Cheers

matthew simcox July 21, 2013

thanks Kieran, I repulled to a new local git repo and it appears to have fixed the issue

0 votes
matthew simcox July 15, 2013

mac lion 10.7.5

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Hi Matthew. Is this for Windows or Mac?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events