Yet another reason not to use git

My stashes do not get applied.

I make a change. I stash my changes. I look at the stash and I see that my changes are there. Then I undo my changes in the source code. Then I try to apply my stash. It does not work. The stash does not get applied to my source code.

This is yet another of the many reasons I will continually urge my manager to switch us over to TFS. We've already done so with a few of our projects and we are slated to do so with the current project very soon. I can't wait.

2 comments

Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Nov 08, 2017

So when you say you undo your change after it gets stashed, what exactly do you mean? Are you keeping staged changes? How do you undo the change? By default doing a stash would move your modified tracked files and staged changes to the stash and returns you repository to a clean state, so you should have to do a "undo of your changes".

From what I've read, TFS supports Git from VS 2013, so you can use both if you want! 

Comment

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 11, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: debugging Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows If you're reading this and it's not just educational… we know you're unhappy right now and apologize for that   We're dedicated to improving yo...

462 views 7 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you