Why is SourceTree still so buggy?

Q Phoria August 25, 2017

I've yet to get Sourcetree on Windows working correctly.

Issues:

- It still has a clunky create repo process. You can't select an empty folder so you have to select the folder above it and then manually type in the foldername. Are you kidding me? Just use the folder as entered. I understand throwing a warning if not empty but when it IS empty.. you still claim it exists and isn't empty. Who cares! Just create the .git folder there.

- Goto the settings and set your name as the default bitbucket account, it creates some additional account entries. like "user@" and when you try to delete that, it just does nothing.

- Trying to create a new repo and it creates the folder (with special permissions it seems) on windows, and it creates the repo in bitbucket. But then errors out saying it couldn't login to clone that new repo.git file from bitbucket because the login failed. The login obviously worked to create the repo but now it can't download the git file?

- During update of the binaries, it timed out trying to download GCMW-1.20.zip from atlassians servers. Well that url shows the file doesn't exist on atlassians server. It had no way of recovering. II had to go download it manually from Microsoft's GCMW git page.

Honestly this thing is not ready for prime time yet... not even beta.

2 comments

Jason Ewton October 14, 2017

Also seems to think it can't access the repo because it's accessing the repo lol.  It will complain that another process has a git command running, but it's actually itself.

mabader September 10, 2018

Also got a lot of different issues here with SourceTree. Very disappointing ...

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events