Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very very slow browsing Mercurial history on OS X

Brian Panulla June 21, 2018

Browsing history In my Mercurial repositories in every version of SourceTree that I've tried since 2.1 has been effectively unusable on Mac OS X, including the latest version (2.7.6 downloaded today).  Clicking on successive commits results in multiple spinning progress indicators, one per frame of the UI, in total lasting several seconds. This makes it impossible to quickly scan through the history to see what changed between revisions.

I've been using 2.1 all this time because it has absolutely no lag in this respect. At first I thought I could wait it out and see if the problem got fixed, but no such luck. It's making me think that it's something peculiar to my configuration. No searches in the forums seem to reflect anyone else having this problem.

The lag in showing the diff between commits feels almost as though it needs to roundtrip to the server to pull the diff. None of the obvious Mercurial preferences seem to affect this speed, including using the embedded or system Mercurial.

I'm guessing I should have reported a bug a long time ago, but it's not like things are broken per se, just extremely aggravating. I just kept trashing the new releases and sticking with 2.1, but at this point that seems really foolish.

Any suggestions?

My current setup:

MacBook Pro 2015 16GB with solid-state disk
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra
Python 2.7.14 and Mercurial 4.3.1 (installed from MacPorts)

1 comment

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

Please submit a ticket on http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE for the dev team to review and investigate. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events