SourceTree for Windows 2.1.10.0 unstable, consuming massive resources

David_Gibson August 24, 2017

I've just updated to the latest version on windows (2.1.10.0) and I'm seeing a lot of problems.

I have six repos open and on startup the spawned git command is throttling the CPU (and this is on a brand new PC).

I've had several crashes, and annoyingly on recovery, it appears to lose the repository I had just completed cloning before the crash.

Is anyone else seeing this instability?

3 comments

KevinGelking August 25, 2017

Use SourceTree 2.1.2.5

For me, its the best working version in ST2. It also doesn't take 2 minutes to initialize your branches and do a simple branch switch. (it takes 10 seconds in total)

pbuerki3 August 30, 2017

I am seeing the same problem, and also with Ver 2.1.11.0. I have problems merging (asking me to restart merge multiple times) and frequently get the "Source tree could not update one or more files, please check that no other application is locking your files." error message. I also get errors preventing from switching branches that I did not see in earlier versions. Sometimes (but not always) I get source tree back to working properly, if I temporarily log off and then log in again. This is on a Win7 64-bit system.

pbuerki3 September 1, 2017

In the meantime I reverted to 2.1.2.5 hoping that the issues would go away. But now that older version is also no longer working, and I see similar problems as with 2.1.10.0 and 2.1.11.0 described above. It looks like the earlier upgrade to 2.1.10.0 and 2.1.11.0 corrupted something in my git folder. Unfortunately, after only about two months using SourceTree, I am not experienced enough to fix this.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events