SourceTree 2.0.19.1 does not recognise changes to files

j_kour April 30, 2017

I use ST 2.0.19.1 and when I make changes in my files, ST does not recognise the files that changed under "Working Copy". When switch to the branches graph, it says that there are uncommited changes but still can't see the files.

I have to restart ST or close the tab of the repo and reopen it for the lists to refresh.

Anyone getting this? 

3 comments

mdolnik May 31, 2017

I have the same issue (in two ways)...

1: On every branch i'm checked out it shows that I have un-commited changes, yet it shows no files with any changes... running `git status` will show that I have sub-modules which haven't been committed. This was always the case with version 1.x but it never said those were un-committed which should be as expected.

2: Sourcetree 2.x will randomly decide to hide actual files with changes in both staging areas... they will just randomly simply disappear without warning and not come back. I believe this is the issue OP is having and the files will come back if I press F5 (refresh)

Edit: This is still an issue in 2.1.2.4

j_kour June 8, 2017

How did you get 2.1.2.4? The official download is for 2.0.20.1.

Is that beta version?

mdolnik June 8, 2017

Not sure if beta or not... I got whichever 2.x version that was available for download a couple weeks ago then updated it through Sourcetree > Options > Updates

Spoiler alert: Not much has been fixed in 2.1.2.4

mdolnik May 31, 2017

Side-note... Does anyone know of what the "security issues" are with the 1.x versions? I feel like im willing to be compromised to have a more stable version of sourcetree...  It seems that every new version fixes 1 issue and creates 5 more... It's been going consistently downhill since I started using it years ago.

j_kour June 8, 2017

Voted for them

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events