Source Tree Issues

Francis V Bishop September 14, 2022

ERROR [2022-09-14 11:42:16,810] [1] [SourceTree.Model.Repository] [Log] - Repository: [] does not exist
ERROR [2022-09-14 11:42:16,967] [1] [SourceTree.Model.Repository] [Log] - Repository: [] does not exist
ERROR [2022-09-14 11:53:42,335] [1] [SourceTree.Model.Repository] [Log] - Repository: [] does not exist
ERROR [2022-09-14 11:53:42,393] [1] [SourceTree.Model.Repository] [Log] - Repository: [] does not exist
ERROR [2022-09-14 12:00:03,639] [1] [Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper] [Log] - Couldn't read staging user ID
ERROR [2022-09-14 12:00:03,646] [1] [Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.Utils.UpdateHelper] [Log] - Couldn't read staging user ID
ERROR [2022-09-14 12:02:45,677] [1] [SourceTree.Model.Repository] [Log] - Repository: [] does not exist
ERROR [2022-09-14 12:02:45,725] [1] [SourceTree.Model.Repository] [Log] - Repository: [] does not exist

Bitbucket appears to work

6 comments

uninstalled and reinstalled several times

Like cramirez_ntst likes this

Its the commit that fails

Like cramirez_ntst likes this

Thanks the log file also shows an issue with the RSA key of the server

see attempt at fixing this

Attempt To Trust Server.png

Source Tree Issue.png

Source Tree Issue 2.png

cramirez_ntst September 14, 2022

This could be a local filesystem permissions issue.  What action are you trying to execute when you see this message?

Also note that your posts don't seem to be in response to any previous message, it looks like you're responding to your own post :p

I'm trying to add useful supporting documentation

When I go into bitbucket to clone a repository

it appears to work then I get this fatal error and source tree fails to launch with the repository I just cloned in a new tab

git -c filter.lfs.smudge= -c filter.lfs.required=false -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks clone --branch master https://FrancisVBishop@bitbucket.org/hvhc/unclassified.git C:\Users\FBishop\Documents\unclassified
Cloning into 'C:\Users\FBishop\Documents\unclassified'...
fatal: unable to get credential storage lock in 1000 ms: No such file or directory
Completed successfully.

Mukesh Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2022

Could you please provide some more info(steps to reproduce this issue).

Also send the log file which can be found at below path. 

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\Sourcetree\sourcetree.log

Also I would recommend you:

1. Removing all the user accounts from Sourcetree -> Tools -> Options -> Authentication.
  2. Remove the SSH Keys / Sourcetree permission from Bitbucket account.
  3. Uninstalling the Sourcetree.
      • Uninstall Sourcetree using the Windows Uninstall program.
      • Delete the folders/files below before proceeding to the next step:
      • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete all Sourcetree folders and files (if any)
      • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all Sourcetree folders and files (if any)
      • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Atlassian and delete all Sourcetree folders and files (if any)
      • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\SourceTree-Settings and delete all Sourcetree folders and files (if any)
  4. Download Sourcetree for Windows and installing it.
  5. Now add the user account and clone the repositories.

Let me know if it resolves the issue.  

Regards,
Mukesh
Francis V Bishop September 16, 2022

Okay thanks

I did manage to get my permissions elevated on my laptop and will follow these suggestions today

Stay tuned

Francis V Bishop September 16, 2022

This seems to have resolved my issue

Had to change from OAuth to Basic and re generate a new app password

a bit tricky since the account is a Managed Account and the location of the spot to regenerate the basic password had to be found

https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/ssh-keys/

But after testing a clone and then a commit I got it working

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events