Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Incredibly Buggy Sourcetree

Hello friends.

For quite a while, I've been having countless issues with Sourcetree. This has become very frustrating, since it causes my workflow to slam to a halt.

Here are some example issues I have:

-Selection of files is incredibly buggy - if I select 1 file, it doesn't unselect the rest, unless they are visible in the window. Thus, if I have 20 folders with files in them, and I want to only select 1 file, I have to manually open every single folder, and unclick each file.

-I can't stage a folder, instead I have to stage all files within the folder. This usually means I have to do the above step. For each folder I wish to stage.

-When solving merge conflicts, I can't select "use mine" or "use theirs". This always results in an error, saying there is some other application locking the file. I have tried everything I could to solve this issue, but cannot find any other application that is doing this.

-Sometimes sourcetree starts doing something strange - every second, it deletes then creates the lock file for git - sourcetree seems to be refreshing every second. This causes issues when trying to do anything else, since it then detects that a lock file already exists, and fails to do anything related to git... not realizing that it created the lock file itself. The solution is to restart sourcetree, but it is a bug nonetheless

-This one is pretty funny. Every 10 or so minutes, it asks to log into bitbucket. It doesn't need to log in, since I just close the window and I can push and pull like normal. In the newer update, this window stacks, meaning if there is already one of these windows open, it will open another one. Last night I accidentally kept sourcetree open, and oops it ended up opening hundreds of login windows, bringing my computer to a crawl.

Screenshot_562.png

I often get sourcetree updates, but not once have I found any bugs that have affected me to be fixed - rather, every update seems to provide even more bugs than the last. I really like sourcetree, but it has become so broken that I can barely use it. There just isn't much reason for me to stick around anymore. Which once again, is quite frustrating.

Am I alone in this? Just unlucky? Is there any chance that SourceTree will ever actually fix bugs?

Josh

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

5,813 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you