Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly Buggy Sourcetree

joshcamas November 8, 2018

Hello friends.

For quite a while, I've been having countless issues with Sourcetree. This has become very frustrating, since it causes my workflow to slam to a halt.

Here are some example issues I have:

-Selection of files is incredibly buggy - if I select 1 file, it doesn't unselect the rest, unless they are visible in the window. Thus, if I have 20 folders with files in them, and I want to only select 1 file, I have to manually open every single folder, and unclick each file.

-I can't stage a folder, instead I have to stage all files within the folder. This usually means I have to do the above step. For each folder I wish to stage.

-When solving merge conflicts, I can't select "use mine" or "use theirs". This always results in an error, saying there is some other application locking the file. I have tried everything I could to solve this issue, but cannot find any other application that is doing this.

-Sometimes sourcetree starts doing something strange - every second, it deletes then creates the lock file for git - sourcetree seems to be refreshing every second. This causes issues when trying to do anything else, since it then detects that a lock file already exists, and fails to do anything related to git... not realizing that it created the lock file itself. The solution is to restart sourcetree, but it is a bug nonetheless

-This one is pretty funny. Every 10 or so minutes, it asks to log into bitbucket. It doesn't need to log in, since I just close the window and I can push and pull like normal. In the newer update, this window stacks, meaning if there is already one of these windows open, it will open another one. Last night I accidentally kept sourcetree open, and oops it ended up opening hundreds of login windows, bringing my computer to a crawl.

Screenshot_562.png

I often get sourcetree updates, but not once have I found any bugs that have affected me to be fixed - rather, every update seems to provide even more bugs than the last. I really like sourcetree, but it has become so broken that I can barely use it. There just isn't much reason for me to stick around anymore. Which once again, is quite frustrating.

Am I alone in this? Just unlucky? Is there any chance that SourceTree will ever actually fix bugs?

Josh

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events