Detecting local changes on both Windows and macOS are terrible in the latest SourceTree releases

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2017

macOS used to be just fine until the recent 2.6.x series, it is slow to never showing local file changes or refreshing after pushing commits. The indicators on the repo browser don't refresh like they used to. 

Windows has been a pig and terrible ever since early betas but it's the worst I've seen it now with the latest release. Even switching around tabs will not refresh the local repo to show the list of changes and that a commit is needed. I have to click the menu option to refresh remotes for even the local changes to appear.

SourceTree, while free, and thankful for that, is vital to developers and if we miss commits it costs us time, releasing bad builds possibly without fixes we think are in the build, all of this you know.

I hope ST turns around and improves upon these critical areas or I'll have to find something else which I dread doing because I love ST!

---

macOS 2.6.3

Windows 2.3.1

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events