Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open, uninstall and reinstall SourceTree. At all.

Francesco Desogus May 19, 2017

I'm using the latest version of SourceTree, and suddenly today it wouldn't open at all. No warning, no errors, nothing.

It happened before in my previous pc a few months back, and if I recall correctly I fixxed it by clearing out the folder located at "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\" as found online (here to be precised). But this time, in my new pc, it didn't do the trick.

So I tried uninstalling it, and it kinda did it but in a weird way, meaning that it didn't ask me if I wanted to really uninstall it at everything else... it just removed the files and that's it.

I tried downloading the installer again, and if I try to execute it the Atlassian logo appears for a millisecond and then it basically installs it without asking me anything else. It's not a proper installation though, there are no files in the usual folder, just in the "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\" folder. It also put an icon in the desktop, which is linked to a file in "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\SourceTree" called Update.exe.

If I execute this file nothing at all happens.

I've no idea how to fix this. I even tried installing versions before 2.0 and even though they do install "normally" when I try to open SourceTree nothing happens, as before.

1 comment

Michał Rotyński May 22, 2017

Hi. Just had the same scenario. I fixed it by uninstalling all versions of source tree and installing this one: https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2016/12/05/sourcetree-for-windows-1-9-9-released/

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events