Buggy submodule support in Sourcetree

Lior Tal May 9, 2017

I am using SourceTree for a while now (almost 3 years) on OSX (now macOS).

Our code is hosted on Github, and one of our repositories uses a submodule (e.g: references another repository).

We are experiencing occasional problems with this - once in a while SourceTree will fail to pull / push changes from the submodule. I was wondering whether anyone else is having issues with submodules as well ?

3 comments

Scott Fitzpatrick May 11, 2017

I noticed issues with the latest version of SourceTree (2.0.20.1). I can't even get to the point where I can push submodules. SourceTree will say my repository has uncommitted changes but it will not list the submodules so I can't commit them. It makes the latest version of SourceTree useless for me.

Lior Tal May 14, 2017

Are you sure that is the latest? i am on a MAC, latest version is 2.5.1 (105).

Once in a while we'll get submodule issues, pretty annoying.

bradlitmsft May 24, 2017

I see a different issue with Submodules.  After running git submodule add (from the command line, the "File Status" window in SourceTree shows the .gitmodules file AND the related folder as both "Pending" (with a green +) and "Clean" (yellow ellipsis) simultaneously.  

Eugene K June 26, 2017

Could these be related to submodule branch tracking? (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/SourceTree-questions/Submodule-branch-tracking-in-the-SourceTree/qaq-p/601735). When no submodule branch is checked out which is the default state of teh SourceTree all the wierd things happen. Looks like a bug to me...

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events