AARRGH! Can you make it any harder?!! >:-(

Alan McBee October 12, 2017

I am rapidly losing any confidence in Atlassian quality.

First, SourceTree made it incredibly difficult to rename multiple repositories in a folder. After I have renamed the first item, I have to left-click-select the next item, pause for the double-click, then lift-click-select, then right-click to get the context menu, then click Rename, then actually rename.

Then, because items are selected or not selected based on I can't tell what kind of logic, when you accidentally drag repositories and it reorders them, good luck undoing that. Because you can't unselect items by simply clicking on something else, or pressing Esc, or clicking again on a selected item.

So it was while I was trying to undo an accidental reorder (why isn't there an option to sort alphabetically?), SourceTree crashed, and I got presented with the Crash Reporter dialog, asking me what I was doing.

I filled it out and pressed send.

Then IT crashed.

Yo Dawg, CRASH.PNG

So now, I came to this site to share what happened. Wrote a couple of paragraphs, tried to inject a little humor, because who likes hearing that their product did bad things?

Only, I went to have lunch before I finished. An hour later, I looked it over and clicked Publish.

I got an error. My authentication credentials had apparently expired. Nothing was saved.

This is now my third and final attempt to communicate back to Atlassian that I having a really difficult time working with SourceTree. Yes, I appreciate that it's free. But I would really appreciate more a simple application than a clever application.

And Crash Reporters should never, ever crash. Failing to send is acceptable. Crashing during a send? No.

And why are you timing out an authentication credential for a feedback site in one hour? Makes me think you don't want too much feedback...

I liked Atlassian, but this is really souring me. If it keeps up, I will definitely avoid Atlassian products for a while, until they can really demonstrate that they've made the basics work reliably, before they show off how clever they can be.

Final note. Typing these last few paragraphs (under the picture) was tremendously irritating because as long as the picture above was partially visible, the input area kept scrolling so that it remained fully visible at the bottom of the input area. It would flash back and forth with every single keystroke.

Please, get the basics right, guys. I know Atlassian can do better than this.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events