SourceTree Diff view reloading randomly?

htwj August 12, 2017

Hi!

I keep experiencing the diff view of a selected file in SourceTree for Mac reloading, even if the file isn't changing. (I've saved a file, go to SourceTree, select the file, the diff shows, then after a few seconds reloads). Any idea what's going on? It's rather annoying to be reviewing a diff and then having that diff reload (and scrolling to the top), and I can't seem to be able to figure out when or why it happens.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Erwin! Can you provide some more information so we can try to reproduce this issue?:

1. Which version of SourceTree and Mac are you using?
  2. Does this happen with all commit/ repos or only specific ones?
  3. Which diff tool are you using?

Cheers,
Ana

htwj August 14, 2017

Hi Ana!

Sure; thanks for picking up on this! I'm on SourceTree Version 2.4.1 (97), Mac OS 10.12.6. I have not noticed this not happen on any specific repos, though I can't be 100% sure. Re. diff tool: FileMerge (which I believe is the default).

Cheers,
Erwin

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

This was fixed in 2.5. The latest compatible release for macOS 10.12.6 is SourceTree 2.6.1. Please check for updates and let us know if that's not offered to you.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

htwj August 17, 2017

Crap, you're right Brian, hadn't noticed auto-update was deselected. Apologies for wasting your time! Loving the new theme btw :-)

Cheers,

Erwin

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
August 18, 2017

We're glad you like it and happy this is fixed for you now :D Thanks for your feedback!

htwj August 18, 2017

Hi Ana,

Unfortunately, the issue I'm experiencing has not been resolved; I'm now on 2.6.1, but the random reloading while scrolling still occurs...

Cheers,
Erwin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events