Welcome to the San Francisco Bay Area Group!

Celina Zamora August 6, 2018

Welcome to the online home for the Atlassian Community in the San Francisco Bay Area! 

We are super excited to have this space to continue sharing our knowledge and experiences in between our local Community events! Feel free to post a new article, and tell us about the Atlassian products you're using and a bit about yourself.

Other places that might be of interest:

If you have any questions, feel free to email our Atlassian Community Managers at communitymanagers@atlassian.com.

14 comments

Comment

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2018

Hey all!

My name is Meg and I am the lone JIRA/Confluence administrator for a midsize mortgage company headquartered in Sacramento. I am not a San Francisco local, but I hope it's cool if I crash on your AUG couch ^_^

I enjoy spending time with my kids, bothering my husband (poor guy), and championing Atlassian products within my organization and to anyone outside my building who will listen. 

I'm the weekly author of the Miscellaneous Monday series, which is a great way to kick off your work week. Hope to see all of you around in the future (maybe even hang out at Summit 2019)!

Like # people like this
Bill Cushard August 7, 2018

Hi Meg. I grew up in Carmichael! So now we have two things in common. Nice to meet you.

Lacey Carlyle August 7, 2018

Hey all! 

I'm based in Mountain View and most days you can find me kicking around the ServiceRocket office talking someone's ear off about why they should be using Jira Service Desk. 

If that sounds like barrel-o-monkeys kind of fun to you.... check out the Nice Work! Podcast. I've been interviewing people all over the ecosystem learning what tools and practices help them do the best work of their lives -- and it might not surprise you, the Atlassian tools come up time and time again :)

I'm so stoked to have this space to engage more with our community!

Thanks Community team!

Matt Doar August 7, 2018

Hello, I'm one of the leaders for this AUG. I work in Sunnyvale at LinkedIn these days, running the large Jira instance there. 

I've been working with Atlassian and Jira since 2004 and even written a couple of O'Reilly books about it. I've also worked as an Atlassian consultant at about 150 companies over the years. I have some stories to tell.

Bill Cushard August 7, 2018

Hi all. I am not a Jira Administrator, but I am a pretty darn good project administrator. I am also an uncertified scrum master, running scrum on a marketing team. I admit I find it difficult to imagine working in a team environment without Jira. 

I have been attending the SF AUG since 2013. 

BillAug.jpg

Celina Zamora August 7, 2018

That's amazing! Thanks for sharing @Bill Cushard :) 

Jennifer Osborn August 7, 2018

Hello everyone!!

My name is Jennifer, and I work for a non-profit org in San Francisco. We've been using Atlassian software since 2010.  JIRA, Service Desk, Confluence, Crowd, HipChat....even some Bamboo and Portfolio.  I've been administering in these products for the past 5 years.  I'm a big Atlassian fan as I've seen how the tools have made a difference organization-wide, from our development teams to our HR teams!

I've not been to a SF AUG gathering yet (I rarely venture to south bay), but am looking forward to attending one of these meet ups!

I'm excited to see this community space exists, and look forward to meeting everyone - virtually is better than not at all!

AJ Schmalenberger August 7, 2018

Hi Jennifer!

We also routinely have meetings in the city as well we try to switch off every other as much as possible! If your organization would ever be interested in hosting an AUG we are always looking for places to host and you can reach out to me, Matt Doar or Dave Kremer if you would be interested! I hope we can meet in person as well as virtually!

Thanks,

AJ Schmalenberger

Greg Warner (Amazon) August 7, 2018

Hey Everyone,

I've been working with Atlassian products since 2006. I was a consultant assisting others get the most out of their investment and now I manage Jira and Confluence at Amazon.

I have spoken at Summit, which is always a blast. I like hearing stories from others (good and bad).

Jeff Scattini August 8, 2018

Hi all,

I've been a Confluence superuser/admin since 2013 and have been the Confluence information architect for my last two companies along with creating style guides, writing documentation, and all of those writerly type tasks. I've recently moved into the Jira world as well helping to document and design workflow processes. 

I'm incredibly excited to be here and have a space to learn and grow!

I'm working for an entertainment company in San Francisco and live on an island few people have heard of. 

Hola!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 28, 2018

Welcome to the group, @Kelvin Yap@Johannon Olson@Michele Lim [cPrime]@Miles B., and @Boriana Todorova _Sofia_ ACE_! Feel free to introduce yourself below!

Michele Lim [Cprime] September 28, 2018

Hi all! My name is Michele, I just moved to the Bay from Sydney, Australia and my claim to fame is that I used to work in the building NEXT to the Atlassian building :P I'm excited to go to some AUGs and meet up in person, I learn much better through listening/ doing rather than reading so excited for the upcoming events.

I've just joined an improv class so looking forward to starting that and have recently gotten into cultivating succulents!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 28, 2018

Yay, I will be so excited to meet you in person, @Michele Lim [cPrime]

I kept my succulent garden alive for a good year or two. Some of them have started to die but they had a good run. (I do not have a green thumb.) 

Bridget
Community Manager
September 28, 2018

@Michele Lim [cPrime] welcome to the Bay! You will have to come to have lunch with us in the San Francisco office soon :).

I too have a succulent collection! My neighbor often gives away trimmings, so I have a ragtag group of cacti friends :). 

Michele Lim [Cprime] October 1, 2018

Thanks @Bridget Sauer, would love to! Yes I just repotted some on the weekend, though I think the pot is a bit small for them :( 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 4, 2018

And let's welcome some more folks to the group: @Jacob Teal@Logan Hawkes@Chad West@Christine Cheng, and @Ed BukoskiFeel free to introduce yourself below. :) 

Christine Cheng October 16, 2018

Hi everybody! I’m an engineering project manager and I’ve been using Atlassian products for ~5 years now (Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, Hipchat [moment of silence]).

It started with my last job as a tech project manager - found myself administering several Jira/Confluence instances in addition to my ‘day job’. I come to the community hive mind for help with issues like: avoiding the new Jira issue layout, troubleshooting/doing forensics on extensions set up by employees who are no longer here (ahem, Jira Workflow Extensions), and so forth.

Looking forward to meeting you all over a drink at an upcoming AUG event in SF.

Jacob Teal October 4, 2018

Well since I've been called out, I suppose I should introduce myself!

I've been working with Atlassian products for the past 5+ years now at ServiceRocket. I started with training Confluence, Bitbucket, and a little bit of Jira. I've helped several large companies maintain, upgrade, and migrate their Atlassian Server, Cloud, and Data Center implementations. I even helped write the Confluence Administrator Certification Exam!

Right now I work on building custom Bots and Integrations in Workplace by Facebook. But I still help our team here at ServiceRocket with onboarding and general education.

Feel free to contact me about anything technical! I love solving problems.

Matt Doar October 4, 2018

Hello Jacob!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 10, 2018

Welcome to another handful of new members: @Hery Rajaonarimampiani@V@timmy@Chris Bosso@Rory Aptekar! Welcome to the group and feel free to introduce yourself below!

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hello everyone!

My name is Fernando Bordallo. I'm an Atlassian team lead, dedicated full-time to the improvement of the experiences around issue creating, interaction and flow. My main areas of interest lie in understanding how ideas come to life through collaboration, planning, and execution.

Lovely to be here 😄

eric bendall May 3, 2021

Really like JIRA.  I'm a power user and project admin.  I live and work in northern Nevada and the SF Bay Area group is the closest to me.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events