Topic Tuesday: Enjoying the Bay Area Life

Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2018

Hello, Bay Area Atlassians! My name is Mikayla and I just started an internship with the Community Team. I've lived in the Bay Area my whole life, and over time, have discovered some really special places. North Beach, China Town, Fillmore... these places are so cool to check out. Some of my favorite things are watching movies in the Fillmore, getting a slice of pizza in North Beach and even go to Japan Town and get some delicious crepes.

So, today's Topic Tuesday question is: Where are your favorite places in SF and what fun things do you like to do there?  

4 comments

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 17, 2018

Hi Mikayla! So happy to have you on our team <3 

My favorite spots in the Bay Area are in Oakland! I especially love Redwood Regional park because there's nothing that clears my mind like a run after work as the sun is going down. 

Anthony Wu May 16, 2019

Oakland born and raised here!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 26, 2018

I am a birdwatcher so I love finding new places to go and see birds! The botanical garden in Golden Gate Park, anywhere along the shoreline, the Point Isabel mudflats. Speaking of Point Isabel I also love Tepco Beach, where the beach is made of old pottery shards.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 1.08.24 PM.png

As a parent, I'll also put a plug in for Children's Fairyland and the awesome museums and zoos here. 

Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2018

OH I have so many favorites! Devil's Teeth Bakery in the Outer Sunset has great breakfast sandwiches, and it's right next to Ocean Beach so we love to go grab a sammy and walk to the beach and eat it there! 

And I love good views - Tank Hill is one of my favorites :) 

Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
October 1, 2018

sounds delicious! thanks for sharing :) @Kesha Thill

blim
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2018

Land’s End on a clear day for views of the Golden Gate Bridge & Pacific Ocean

Mikayla Roberts
Atlassian Team
October 1, 2018

Sounds nice! I'll have to check that out myself once I get the chance. Thanks for sharing :) @blim

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events