Topic Tuesday - Top 3 Things Outside in San Diego

Mark Livingstone (San Diego)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2018

As summer continues, and we all have the opportunity to explore and have some outdoor fun in our wonderful city, what would you consider to be the top 3 things you enjoy doing outside around San Diego?

7 comments

Comment

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2018

Who can beat San Diego at summer time.  So many great things to explore including:

1) The San Diego Zoo

2) San Diego Botanical Garden

3) La Jolla Cove

What are your favorite places?

Celina Zamora July 17, 2018

I love all those places @Mark Livingstone (San Diego)! My other faves are Balboa Park and any beach by Torrey Pines. So beautiful.

Erica_Garcia July 31, 2018

I love that you mentioned the Botanical Garden! Such a hidden gem

Evan Golden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2018

Too many to list them all, but you asked for 3..

1. Volleyball at Balboa Park

2. Hiking (anywhere and everywhere)

3. San Diego Zoo

YES! YES and YES!

Marcia Biggar July 17, 2018

Paddle Boarding and Yoga on Paddle Boards but only in the bay - not ocean ready yet:)

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2018

How fun!  Great exercise and a great way to enjoy the outdoors.

Ashley Elder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2018

Wow  @Marcia Biggar, so impressed! I can paddleboard, but cannot imagine being balanced enough to also do yoga- bay or ocean!

I too am impressed! I can paddleboard but cannot yoga even on land haha

Chelsey Rogers July 31, 2018

1) Swimming at La Jolla Cove ... I saw a sea turtle yesterday. How can you beat that? 

2) Spectating from the terrace at the Torrey Pines Gliderport. 

3) Biking down the Silver Strand.

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2018

Can't beat San Diego..so much fun stuff to do!

Celina Zamora July 31, 2018

Wow, I'm in awe about seeing a sea turtle! Also, Gliderport is one of my favorite places. I'm seriously missing San Diego with all these amazing responses. 

I am going to plan to explore with my girls - how did I attend UCSD all those years ago with never visiting Gliderport!?!

Chelsey Rogers July 31, 2018

@Erica_Garcia I recommend that you check the wind conditions to make sure that people are flying before heading over there. http://gliderport.thilenius.com/#/Home 

Great tip - thanks @Chelsey Rogers!

Joshua Platt July 31, 2018

1) Surf, because it is San Diego.

2) Early morning hike up Iron mountain.

3) Bouldering around Mt. Woodson.

These sound amazing, @Joshua Platt! Where do you surf? I learned and used to surf in Leucadia...waaaay back when. 

@Celina ZamoraThere is a little secret spot in Solana. Not the best waves, but also never crowded.

Wait, I need to know this spot for my next visit :) 

It is near Fletcher cove. https://goo.gl/maps/KB1w2gz6gPy

Nice! 

Mark V July 31, 2018

For summer it's body surfing, SUP, & cruising the coast hwy.

Thanks for sharing, @Mark V

Benjamin Zaczek July 31, 2018
  1. San Diego Zoo Safari Park (favorite early weekend activity of mine)
  2. Sailing in the San Diego Bay - so many places to learn around here!
  3. Walk / beach bike on the board walk from the bottom of Mission Beach to the top of Pacific Beach

Sounds amazing, @Benjamin Zaczek

Benjamin Zaczek July 31, 2018

@Celina Zamorayou should petition for the next US Summit to be in San Diego ;) You can use this thread as a nice "hey this place would be cool" starter pack.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events