FIVE awesome functions we learned about GLIFFY ! [An event wrap up: 191203]

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2019

SoMe_03.jpg

THE POWER OF GLIFFY 🌟💪

Over 3 months ago I was trawling through the Community and stumbled upon this awesome article by John Almeida Comprehensive Guide To Diagram Types in Confluence. I was super-duper inspired to finally attempt the drop of Visio and the full embracing / adoption of Gliffy! (Something I have craved a whole year but never really got into properly!

Through virtual interaction with John and then a face to face meeting at Open Vienna, we got to chatting about overall adoption and embracing of Gliffy in the wider community and we came up with the idea of a workshop! Bing Bang! How awesome.

Therefore, after some calls we managed to come up with a structure and agenda and planned in an Atlassian Community Event in Rotterdam… virtually!!

TURN THE ACE UP 🌞👍

So, on December 3rd the Rotterdam ACE group got together at PTC in the Groot Handelsgebouw, logged into a Webinar and LIVE from SanFran, John ran through some major awesome functionality of Gliffy as well as some key tips and tricks. The room was totally buzzing and during the Q&A the ACE members got to ask their burning questions and get answers that would help them in their day to day life.

TOP FIVE LESSONS LEARNT 5️⃣👆

This workshop was pretty intense and we really learned a lot… here’s the top 5 most important functionality that the ACE members learnt about Gliffy thanks to John.

1. Adding Gliffy Pages directly in JIRA on an Issue.
  2. Layers is coming 😲
  3. Using pre-designed Templates (there are hundreds!!)
  4. It’s handy for Software Engineers, HR staff, bosses… basically anyone!
  5. Custom images/image pack functionality

A GIFFY FOR GLIFFY! 😎🤘

It wouldn’t be a Fun Man Andy article without a butt load of emoji’s and a GIF!

The emoji’s are well covered… now for the GIF:

GettingGliffyWithITGIF.gif

THANK YOU JOHN & GLIFFY… BUT ESPECIALLY SOMEONE ELSE ! 😍🙏

John was absolutely #AMAZABALLZ! We are really thankful for the amazing workshop and his fabulous sharing of both knowledge and wisdom on all matters Gliffy. He is extremely open to questions any day of the week, so please do reach out to him on < John.Almeida@roguewave.com > He would LOVE to hear from you. 💙 THANK YOU JOHN!

The workshop and John’s insight / teachings were totally next level, however I can’t finish this event wrap up without a special mention to someone who made the event totally magical: CAROLE!

When John and I were prepping the ACE Workshop I’d asked for a few t-shirts and stickers. I was expecting a standard amount... not too many; but what Carole sent was a TRUCK LOAD of their very latest T-Shirt plus a HUGE pile of Stickers! I’ve now held another ACE in the mean-time and I still have left over!

Plus, the t-shirt is probably the most amazing one I have EVER seen… not just Atlassian… but of all time. It is amazing. So awesome and imaginative. THANK YOU CAROLE! We will still be handing them out next time!

T-Shirt.jpg

1 comment

Comment

Carole Reycraft January 3, 2020

Thank you, Andy!!!

Glad to hear your event with John was such a success. Isn’t he the best?! Thanks for your support!

We ❤️ Gliffy!

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

You are MOST welcome @Carole Reycraft !! 
Yes. John is absolutely amazing. 
You're welcome. Looking forward to the next Gliffy moment. 

The Gliffy love over here in NL is on fire 💙🔥

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events