GETTING “LOW” WITH TRELLO [AN EVENT WRAP-UP 191212]

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

HelloTrelloNL (4).jpg

HELLO TRELLO: LOWLANDS STYLE 👞🌟

It’s funny to think that Trello Events have only really been in action since the beginning of this year. Feels like they’ve been around forever; which is probably why I was super shocked that no one had stepped up to take on the leader role for Trello Events in the Lowlands [ps: we’re looking… any interest??]. But of course, that didn’t stop the Fun Man from making sure it still happened!
Whilst officially I am the ACL for ACEs in the Netherlands, I still went ahead and did a Trello Event for the Rotterdam ACE community. LOLz!

A ROYAL EVENT 👑👍

Back when I first conceived the idea, I asked myself: “How do I make this as absolutely as special as humanly possible…?” and eventually the answer became super evident! Invite some of the Trello Royalty! I reached out to Moss The “Boss” for a Key Note on all things Trello and do a great introduction for the two speakers: Brittany “All I miss is a Trello tattoo” Joiner and Jodi “Level 10 Trello” LeBlanc. They in turn had said a really quick YES as I invited them to speak! Everyone was really pumped!

TO BE OR NOT TO BE (IN ROTTERDAM) 🤔🏆

The biggest challenge of such an amazing idea is getting everyone together. The ACE is in Rotterdam whilst Erica and Brittany were in the New York area and Jodi was in Prince Edward Island. Following such great success with the Gliffy Workshop two weeks previously the answer was obvious: hold another webinar! So, on we all got from three different time zones and held the Trello Event “virtually”. But it wasn’t just North America calling in! It was not the idea to host an online webinar, but word got out and eventually we had three guests join virtually from Germany, France and all the way down under in New Zealand!! So, what started out as a Trello Event in Rotterdam, became something of a global phenomenon. Epic!

World-Wide.gif

THE FIRST (VIRTUAL) TRELLO EVENT IN NL 🥇💙

Overall, we had an absolute blast! As always there was some cool Swag, the event had some epic food in the form of #HelloTrelloNL donuts, and the talks were amazing.

Erica gave us the run-down of Trello starting with its history and the evolution of the Trello Community, took us through some really important Trello updates (including the brand-new office! WOW! That is amazing!) and then introduced the speakers.

Brittany kicked us off with her talk “How I Manage My Life Like A Sprint (With Trello)” and it was intense! She has been using Trello pretty much since the dawn of time and her knowledge on the tool is major extensive. We probably only touched on about 10% of her knowledge and use of it and it still felt like information overload! Despite that, the ACE members came away with serious inspiration – Brittany’s most inspiring board seemed to be the one she is using for the family recipes. Everyone mentioned that one at least once after event close!

Jodi completed the evening with her insightful piece on “Maximise Your Team Effectiveness” which took us through the more business side of Trello and how it can really help teams endeavour to have great effectiveness. She gave us the run down on some of her larger governmental projects and showed us the ways in which she and the teams are interacting with each other and keeping their projects nicely under control and hitting their targets! It was really great to see just how powerful this tool can be for teams and it’s no wonder that so many company’s are turning to this tool to get their work done!

HelloTrelloNL (1).JPG

DON’T FEEL THE FOMO! 😲👆

If like me you suffer from “Fear Of Missing Out” then have no fear, Fun Man is here! The speakers were all really kind enough to provide loads and loads of additional resources and all of their SoMe presence: in particular Erica’s presentation in PDF form, a recording of Brittany’s presentation and Jodi’s legendary “A Blank Page” link. Here it all is:

ERICA

BRITTANY

JODI

A SPECIAL THANK YOU ! 👼🙏

I tried to keep this event wrap up short (Failed! LOL) but I must take the time to thank Erica, Brittany and Jodi for having taken time out of their busy afternoon schedules so they could give their amazing presentations; but above all for their wonderful enthusiasm and fabulous inspiration! This first ever Trello Event in NL was a roaring success thanks to you. You truly are Trello Royalty! THANK YOU!

Trello-NL_02.png

2 comments

Comment

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2019

So awesome @Andy - PTC Redundant , thanks again for inviting me to be part of your inaugural Trello event! You are an event planner/manager/host/moderator/funmanandy extraordinaire! Every detail from the event prep Trello board to the wrapup post was done with such energy and style! You covered everything from A to Z (borrowed that from amazon)

Well done :)

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2019

Hahaha! That is the BEST comment/compliment I have probably had allllll year. Thank you so much @Jodi LeBlanc 🙏👏
Most especially your Feedback on my Trello board! That means a lot!

You are most welcome welcome and I am so glad you joined us.
The pleasure was all mine though and I really hope that you will join me for another one of these Virtual Events in 2020.
(Idea Factory is brewing hard... I have plans for Butler P-Up training! 🐶) 

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2019

That's so nice to hear, you deserve all the compliments! Your level of effort is always above and beyond in everything that you do. Can't wait to see how your Idea Factory takes shape in 2020! Looking forward to another one of your virtual events :)

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2019

Awww shucks!!

^blushing^ 😊🌟

Like Erica Moss likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2020

@Andy - PTC Redundant Truly a dream team — thank you for making it happen! 🙌🏼

Like Friendly Giant likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events