Introduce yourself and your workspace!

Michael Soh _AUG_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2019

Please introduce yourself!  Tell us your name, what you do, the Atlassian Products that you use, and, if you'd like, post a picture of your desktop!

For the Aug 8 AUG Attendees, in order to qualify for your swag entry for September, you must post your intro in this thread.

5 comments

Comment

Deleted user August 9, 2019

Hi everyone.  I'm Ryan Slye.  I was a member of the old RIC AUG from it's beginning.  I've chatted a couple of times with folks from the old group but no one was ready to re-ignite the Richmond chapter.  I'm so glad Michael came to town!

I first got my PMP in 2004 and then my CSM in 2008, so I'm very familiar with Agile and Scrum teams. I'm passionate about mentoring and growing team members, as well as working with my clients to resolve all of their eCommerce and Technology driven problems.

I'm looking forward to meeting the next generation of RIC AUG members!

Michael Soh _AUG_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2019

Hey Ryan!  Thanks for coming and we're glad to have you!

Linda Maines December 6, 2021

Hi Ryan and Michael, I am Linda Maines a SM since 2014 when I worked at Capital One as a Project Manager leading teams for Oracle Migrations.  I have since left and doing the contracting thing and leveraging my knowledge on Agile Transformations to help other organizations with their transformation.    

Michael Soh _AUG_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2019

I guess I should have led by example.  This is my desk at Capital One!20190812_081739.jpg

There isn't much going on here with the exception of three pictures of my wife.

I used to be an atlassian server administrator at my last job but today, I am not.  I am a huge fan of Atlassian products, including JIRA, Confluence, Crowd, HipChat (Rest in peace), and Sourcetree (though I'll admit that this has gone by the wayside in place of pure git).  I don't use Bitbucket as much as I used to ever since Github came out with their free private repos.

I am a certified scrum master, though I don't do this in my day job anymore.

On occasion, you may see my alter-user @sohmc commenting from time-to-time.  We're the same user.  I just can't log into my AUG username @Michael Soh _AUG_ from work.

Karin Gilligan September 17, 2019

Hello Everyone! I'm new to Jira and joined the group to learn more. I'm currently unemployed but actively looking for a Scrum Master position. Since I don't have a desk to share, I'll post a picture of one of my favorite coworkers.4nRAwPHMS0W+3QZYUzfWmg.jpg

Michael Soh _AUG_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2019

Hey Karin!  Sorry I missed this message but thanks for posting this awesome pic!

I'll accept it!

Hi Karin Gilligan I would gather you are employed now and have learned a lot.  Let's chat soon.

Scott Thurston October 4, 2019

Hi everyone.  My name is Scott Thurston, I work as a Scrum Master and Jira admin at Elephant Insurance.  We use the cloud version of Jira software.  I would like to meet other "cloud" Jira admins so they can help out with admin activities and questions.

I attended the October Atlassian User Group meeting hosted by Michael Soh.  Seems like most people were very beginner users and some are still learning Agile.  Still nice to meet people that have common interests and others to learn and share with. Michael did a great job of making everyone feel welcome and hosted the group with some great food and drinks.  Thanks Michael !!

Hi Scott I have a friend who used to work for Elephant Insurance in Tech.  Yes I have cloud experience as well.

David Walz February 14, 2023

Hello everyone-  

I'm David Walz and I'm excited to promote this group and build new friendships.  I hope to meet in person in the future. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events