Actively looking for venues!

Michael Soh _AUG_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2019

It's hard to believe that we're almost at the end of 2019.  Wow, this year went fast!

I'm looking for a new venue for 2020.  While 1717 Innovation Center is happy to host us, their popularity will make it difficult for us to continue our group there on a regular basis.

If your company would like to host, please let me know.  Current contender is the Henrico Public Library in Short Pump.  So if you want to have it somewhere else, please let me know soonest.  I'd like to get January and February locked in before the end of November.

The goal is to have the group on the first or second Thursday of each month.

1 comment

Comment

Glenn Thomas October 7, 2019

Hi Michael, 

I would vote for keeping it closer to central Richmond, but that's because I'm driving up from Newport News.  That said, I'm probably the only one coming that far.  Glenn

sohmc October 7, 2019

Wow!  That's quite the drive!  I will try as best as possible to keep it in Richmond, but of course it depends on availability, etc.

In the future, if you can get enough people to support a group out there, I can walk you through the steps on setting up your own group.

Glenn Thomas October 7, 2019

Thanks!  I wish I could get a critical mass down here, but I just don't think there is enough of a tech community to support it - which is why I drive up to RVA (plus the restaurants are better!)  Maybe a long-term option might be a satellite video feed.  As I say that, that would be a good way for the huge AUG meetings from places like NY and DC to share with smaller AUG's.  What if a Richmond AUG meeting was a combination of in-person and streamed presentations?

Michael Soh _AUG_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

It might be something worth considering for future events.  I've never had luck with streamed events primarily due to miccing issues but if this is something someone in the community wants to take up and help with, I would appreciate it!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events