• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

What are the pros + cons of working in Research/Healthcare?

Bridget Community Manager Aug 17, 2020

Hi everyone! 

I was recently asked by a student from my alma mater about the pros and cons of working in tech. I thought it was a really excellent question - we often advertise the highlights of our industry to young people who are interested, but rarely share the downsides! 

So, I'd love to hear from you - what are some of the pros AND cons of working in Research or Healthcare that you'd share with anyone who is considering the industry for their own career? (What do you wish you'd known before getting into it)? 

Can't wait to hear your answers :). Happy Monday!

Bridget

1 comment

Hi,

I think the biggest downside is the regulation. Every field has its own level of regulation. Therefore, ISO or other apply. But for medical, with a good reason, we are at another level.

Outside of that, I think its a very good field to work in.

Benoit

Like # people like this
Bridget Community Manager Aug 17, 2020

Ah, that's a good callout @Benoit ! How does regulation impact your role on a day-to-day?

Regulation are a good thing, but it creates a lot more validation than for a consumer product where you can tolerate a certain % of failure. Per example, Atlassian can tolerate a % of customer un happy example: Jira next gen projet over Server version which doesn't have this feature or a % of unresolved bug. In medical field, it is just unthinkable to keep living bugs. Your company can even be sued because of that. For the unhappy customer, it can make you run out of business since the competitors are quite present.

Let's says that regulation reduce your degree of liberty.

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget Community Manager Aug 24, 2020

Totally makes sense! Thank you for sharing :) 

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you