Our First Official Post

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2019

Good morning Members,

Glad to see that we are couple people here.

I am going to start our first discussion. Please feel free to start one as well.

I work in a Research Institute inside a hospital. Can you please share how do you use JIRA? I am not asking about Projects that you create it is more about the customization (Statuses, Workflows, Issue Types, Priorities)/

• How many users do you have?
  • How many issue types do you have in JIRA?
  • How many workflows?
  • How many screens?

May be we can teach each others best practices while working in the healthcare/Research field.

Best,

Fadoua

jira-alternatives.png

1 comment

Comment

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2019

We mainly use Jira right now for IT Operations stuff in our clinic. We do not use it for anything health care related ... yet. It is in my evil master plan though. : )

We track our assets (servers, workstation, remote access points, removable store, network gear, etc) though Jira. Each asset is an issue in our assets project and each asset type an issue type. Most of them have their own workflow as the life cycle of each type of asset it a bit different.

We also track our IT operations stuff in Jira in a separate project. We track things such as change management, incident management, and problem management. The great thing about Jira is it makes it easy to link our IT Operations tickets to our asset tickets which gives us a view into what kinds of things are happening with our assets.

We've also taken that a step further by creating pages in Confluence for our service applications using a template and we link those pages to the servers that run the application. I wrote an article about this. By creating that Confluence page to Jira asset link the template will automatically show all the servers associated with that service application and all the IT operations tickets that have been linked to those servers. This gives us a quick way to look at our service catalog and see all the changes and incidents that have happened with the many servers that support those applications. It is one of the first places we go when we have a service disruption. We can quickly see if any of the servers associated with that service have had recent changes or maintenance.

Like josephine likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events