How has COVID-19 impacted your job?

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 10, 2020

Hello Research & Healthcare Group members! 

@josephine made a post earlier in July describing a project she's working on related to COVID response. I'm wondering - how has COVID-19 changed your role/projects in the Research & Healthcare industry? How are you using Atlassian tools to help manage these changes?

Perhaps we can learn from each other's use cases! 

Cheers,

Bridget

6 comments

Comment

Frank Stadler May 13, 2021

Luckily, it hasn't impacted my job at all! I was already working from home a lot, so barely anything changed.
But many others in my company were not so lucky.  

Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

Working from home is nice, but at times challenging if you have small kids.

Susand Adame November 4, 2021

I work from home, I spend more time with my family. I feel better rested: D: D

­

Josue Lopez December 29, 2021

I work in the healthcare sector, it has impact my long hours of work. However, when you do this kind of job, you do see a true meaning. 

Eric Anderson January 18, 2022

LIke @Frank Stadler it hasn't changed much for myself and the other software developers, since working from home was already common.  Now, during the omicron surge, everyone has been asked to work from home to the extent that is feasible for now.  Those who have to come in for physical lab work will stay for the minimum time needed and return home to do data processing.

Regarding what we are doing, that has changed.  In part, we've been using our portal software to design tests for the Covid virus RNA sequence.  Just recently we designed a research-use-only test that distinguishes the omicron variant from other variants.  (It's been tested in India and by some others, but we're a small outfit and this is not for commercial use.)

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2022

It has not affected me in the sense of work.  I have worked remotely nearly 15 years. What has changed for me is my co-workers are now remote.  And, they understand how I have worked. Oh and less travel for work for me though.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events