wrong line number information on some source files

Hi,

there are some files in our repository that are generating some warning logs in wrapper.log file & does not show the source code correctly in source view of fisheye.

* file is 5503 lines long (checked with RAW view of fisheye and with local version. last revision of file)

* in source view of fisheye, it tries to show 5571 lines. after line number 5505 they are all empty and the lines before 5505 are correct

* in wrapper.log file of fisheye server, tones of warnings written, for every time of viewing the source file with fisheye

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/01/21 12:13:37 | 2013-01-21 12:13:37,038 WARN - unknown line number 5562 only know about 5505 in SVN:Comosys_3.0_Plugins:mechanical/trunk/elements/TankDetailedDrawingDlg.cpp

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/01/21 12:13:37 | 2013-01-21 12:13:37,038 WARN - unknown line number 5562 only know about 5505 in SVN:Comosys_3.0_Plugins:mechanical/trunk/elements/TankDetailedDrawingDlg.cpp

INFO | jvm 1 | 2013/01/21 12:13:37 | 2013-01-21 12:13:37,038 WARN - unknown line number 5563 only know about 5505 in SVN:Comosys_3.0_Plugins:mechanical/trunk/elements/TankDetailedDrawingDlg.cpp

* in the meanwhile wrapper.log file is getting bigger & bigger

* there is not only one file atm, i've found 2 files but it's such a big repo. not investigated all files

what's going on and how can i figure it out ? thanks in advance

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Eyyub,

This is related to the file encoding. Modifying it to be UTF-8 fix the problem.

it's not possible to change my source codes to UTF-8. i've changed the repository charset to windows 1252 & 1254 nothing changed.

not all the compilers support UTF-8 with BOM and UTF-8 Without BOM should cover ANSI charset. if you treat an ANSI file as it's UTF-8 without BOM there should be no problem.

this make me to think that it's not about UTF-8. it's just a symptom

found out to be caused by mixed-encoding repositories

feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-4477

workaround: using '-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1'

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

499 views 6 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you