Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who has clearcase working with fisheyes?

Will Wegener July 19, 2011

Does anyone have clearcase working with fisheyes? and would you be willing to share your configuration?

4 answers

1 vote
Dana Frost November 17, 2011

I now have it working with UCM clearcase.

Issues:

• You can't filter reults by branch/stream.
  • If set up multiple (per-project) repos in FishEye you can't compare between project.
  • Because the stream paths are long, its not that elegent looking.

I wrote a ratperl script (JiraMakeAct.pl) which will give the ClaerCase user a list of their assigned JIRA tickets for the stream they are working on and it will create the activity with the proper name/header/title for FishEye. This is very handy for developers. I also wrote a hook to prevent the use of standard mkact (other than rebase/deliver) to make sure they use JiraMakeAct.pl

Overall, it works reasonable well as a replacement for CC/CQ integration. And even though the intra-branch diffs are a bit hard to set up, they still have ClearCase for that. But all the source shows up in JIRA which was the goal.

We plan to migrate from ClearCase next, so its only an interum solution. If anyone thinks they can use these pieces, let me know and I can post them somewhere.

0 votes
Martin Barrs November 17, 2011

Basic CC or UCM? Post you config and lets have a look.

0 votes
Dana Frost August 17, 2011

I am in the process of setting it up. Works reasonable well but I just opened a question on linking Source with Jira.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2011

I don't have a configuration to share with you, but you can check out the official Atlassian documentation about how to setup Fisheye with Clearcase. However, please be aware that on April 4th 2012, Atlassian is ending FishEye support for IBM ClearCase. For more information on this decision please see End of Support Announcement for IBM ClearCase

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2011

Wow, you only added that in recently. Bit of a misinvestment eh...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events