while i try to migrate svn into git using svn-migration-script.jar and run command mentioned for creating author.txt file it gives error svn: E170001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL svn: E170001: Can't get password

$ java -jar ~/svn-migration-scripts.jar authors svn://userIP > authors.tx

t

About to create the authors file.

svn: E170001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn://userIP'

svn: E170001: Can't get password

Could not communicate with Subversion: check the URL of the repository, the user

name and the password are all valid

6 answers

I have found a solution (for me):

The problem for me was, that the svn client did not have my auth, I have tried to manage this by using the uri standard, but getting the error.

After I interact with svn (a simple checkout) and save my username and password, the problem is solved.

Hi Manjul, did you go any further with this issue?

I had to populate the authors.txt manually, ours is a small repo so i could get away with it. But resolution to the baove issue would be good. Any luck with Atlassian support?

No Sundeep, i am still facing this issue.

No Sundeep. I am still facing this issue.

Yes we can populate manually, but it is not a proper way as we have a very big group of users in svn.

I haven't got any solution from Attlasian.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

76 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you