which one best?

prakashkaruppiah March 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Set up version control

Ask your question here...

2 answers

1 vote
Robert Barrow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

Prakash.

I'd say Git but as Nic suggests - it depends what you're after.   We use a mixture of Git and Mercurial in our company.

I find that SourceTree works well with Git repositories held in Bitbucket (if you don't want to use a command line).   It's completely free and has built-in GitFlow support.

Whichever way you go in terms of tools I suggest you start by learning the basic functionality of Git using the command line interface.

Atlassian have some good tutorials on their site - so I'd start there: https://www.atlassian.com/git/

Good luck!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

The answer is mostly going to be git wink

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

Depends on what you want from "best"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events